Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring break

Been gone for a while, mainly due to the fact that it's spring break! And also because I haven't been able to get access to the internet for a while. Two great things happened though while I have been on break:

1.) I got Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
2.) I got Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

I've been playing for a long time, though I have to say, it is great, yes, but there seems to be a lack of some things.

Take for instance, the Wii internet brawl matches. I don't like the fact that it nearly takes 5 to 10 minutes to even play the thing, or that when I am playing, there is so much lag that playing isn't even fun. I thought about the lag though, and I draw two conclusions. One is that my wii's wifi is haywire (I've had serious problems with it in the past) or two, by playing in the basement, while the router is on the first floor, that might be cause for some lag. Then again, while playing with some friends, they too have the same lag.

Another thing that is lacking in Super Smash Brothers Brawl also has to do with the internet playability. Playing the Nintendo DS, one game that impressed me with the friend code idea was Metroid Prime: Hunters. One of the things that I miss from that is the ability to add friend codes on the go. The game broke it down in two different ways. You could add people by getting their friend codes and putting it in, which you could then communicate with them walkie-talkie like before matches. Or when you have finished a match with a bunch of random strangers, you could add people by clicking "add as rival". You wouldn't be able to communicate with them, but at least you could verse them again if they were a worthy enough adversary.

Those are my only two complaints, of course, they might be fixed (I don't know about the second one though, how do you fix something like that?) but I still think that it is a great game nonetheless.

If you want to verse me (Sheik is my best) go ahead and add me:
0559-6573-0767
and post your friend code as a comment.

No comments: